I am very sorry that it has been 10, or so, days since I wrote on here but we went on a weekend trip that did not have Internet. Then we had such a busy first part of the week. We got back from the trip on Monday, had our second bs on Tuesday that went even better than the first and had a friend that went to the bs tell us that he wants to read Bible every night that we are still here, and then on Wednesday we had a meeting with the Mayflower's and then planned for the Bible time and discussion with Neil. Which brings us to today; another wonderful day of His that He chooses to use me and many others throughout the world for His glory.
We first got picked up by a taxi into order to get to the train station at 5:30 am on Saturday. The train left at 6:50. We had a wonderful 6 hour train ride to a town that I do not remember the name of and then another taxi that drove for about an hour to our hotel in Mussoorie, India. Mussoorie is a hill station that used to be controlled by the British. While I say that it is a Hill Station....it really is a mountian range. Our hotel was on the side of a hill will a wonderful view of the city below. It was a wonderful climb for each taxi, in fact one had to let JP and I out of the car and climb the 100 yards to our room while the girls got half way with the taxi and only had about a 40 yard walk to their room.
1st day.....Saturday afternoon and night we went to a street that is literally called Mall Road and it just had all of these mom and pop shops, at was a blast. At the end of our shopping experience on this road I got approached by this older man, around 50, and started to have a conversation. Divine Contact?.....we will see. We were talking while the other three on this trip were getting a snake to eat before the hotel's dinner at 8:30 pm. To make a long story shorter he begins to ask me to come over to his hotel to have dinner at 9. Trying to be nice I told him no because we already had plans to eat dinner at our hotel at 8:30. Staying to his roots he did not take no for an answer; he asked again and while I was just going to tell him no again JP jumped on the gun and told him that we already paid for our dinner at our hotel, included in the deal, and that we would not be able to make it to his hotel for dinner at 9.....in addition we would have to get another taxi and we would not be doing that. After saying no twice me was persistent and told me that I was his best friend and told me more about his family. His son that is around the age of 15 and a daughter around the age of 17. I asked more questions about his son and what they were doing there. (Nothing about his daughter) He told me all about his daughter and nothing about his son....of which I asked about. Later right before we walked away to get to our taxi and go to OUR dinner this guy said, "see you at 9; right? I will be waiting for you." That night at the hotel, during and after dinner, JP and I were talking about the day and discussing how fun shopping was, the guy. We finally decided that he was trying to get me, us, over for dinner that night and all of the rest of the nights that we had in Mussoorie so that he could hook me up with his 17 year old daughter.
2nd day.....just as "exciting" and interesting as the first day in Mussoorie. Our first tourist activity for the day was to go see a Hindu temple. This just was not any regular old temple for a Hindu god, it was 1 out of 7 "special" temples on top of a huge "hill". What the girls would say as a little mountain. I do understand what they are saying because we later found out that it was a 3 km climb to the temple. The climb was better since the temple had a concrete path that all four of us used on the way up, yet on the way down JP and I went off the man-made, concrete, path and did it old style on the earth. This temple was enough excitement in and of itself yet we still had the whole day to see a more beautiful side of this town. So the driver took us to a park that was called Eco Park. Which had a lot of monkeys that loved grilled corn and hated rocks that anyone would pick up, very scared...the monkeys that is. After seeing this park a getting some great pictures we moved to our next place of the day. Mussoorie's "biggest lake".... more like a made-made pool. Nothing great happened here except more pictures that made us, the girls, feel like celebs that were just standing there so that "snaps" (pictures) could be taken of them. Yet the girls just loved paddle boating in the pool, you will never get that experience in the states....haha. Something that us men loved was going to see a water fall, it was actually natural. It was very beautiful yet the Indians did not let it be the beautiful that He created it to be and made a pool so that people could bathe in the falls water.
3rd day.....we had another day of tourism. First another water fall that was blocked at parts and trashed all over. "It is their religion", JP said. This water fall was very beautiful and JP and the girls got a lot of wonderful pictures of the beauty of His creation. then before we had to leave to get back to the train station around 4:30 pm we went to another lake (man-made) that looked just like the other one yet it was a little bigger.
We got back to Gurgaon around midnight on Tuesday morning and that takes you back to the beginning of the blog. I hope and lift up that all of you that are reading the blog are having a wonderful day, if you have not had it already, and glorify Him with everything that you do.
These last 8 days are going to go by so fast and going to be sooo busy so I do not know if I will be able to blog any more. At the same time I say that; I will try very hard to blog the Saturday or Sunday before we leave.
Thursday, July 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment