Sunday, July 5, 2009

The time of my life

I want to start this post with saying I am sorry for not writing to you all in two weeks and having you worry about me over here half way around the world. Our schedules are not always conducive to taking the time to get on here and type a long message about what happened that day, days or even week. It has been two weeks now and I am finally having the time to sit down in front of my only communication with all of my family; I love you all!!! Thank you for lifting me and those I meet up to Him for specifics and generalities. It is much needed and I can defiantly tell that you are lifting everything up to Him. He has shown Himself to me in so many loving ways, shapes or forms. This life is amazing, awesome, and any other positive word that you can think of in your mind. We only have three weeks left and I want to stay here because I have met some wonderful people here that do not know the truth yet, but they are still His children and they do not know that yet. It kills me, burdens my heart, and the knowledge that He is the only one that can help them. But anyways, to get off of the soap box and to not to tell you all of the stories that happened in these two weeks, yet to just give you'll a little taste of the fun and excitements that I have had in Him.

That first week was very interesting and while it was very tiring we had lots of fun meeting and visiting with people, Indians. Going to malls, shopping centers (centre) and parks to visit and meet with people....this trip is wonderful and I hope that I have the opportunity to do the same thing in the future, only if He allows it. People here are wonderful, yet can be very frustrating at some point doing the day. This is another thing that you could lift up for all of us; that we will have patients when talking with natives here and that we would not act out of our anger and show Him through all of our actions. Because these two weeks have gone by soo fast I really do not know which stories are from which week. So here are some stories from the last weeks.

Oh man....the stories here from Incredible India. We hired a driver to a place that I do not remember right now but anyway we were on our way back from there and about 5 minutes into the trip back home we show a motor bike that was turning onto the road that we were on and this lady that was riding side saddle. Here is the terrible part. The lady fell off the side of the bike and was knocked out and other guys, including the guy on the bike, picked her up off of the concrete and covered her face that was very bloody. I think that there was a huge cut above her nose and seemed pretty bad. Thank Him that we were behind her because if other people were closer than us she would most likely be dead and would not have the chance to hear about Him. We have heard too many stories with that as it's ended, very sad. The trip does not stop there, we are still coming back on our way to stop by someplace to eat because it is around 7, early dinner for Indian's, and we have to stop for something more funny than the first story that might lighten the mood. Anyways we stop bellow train tracks and before I asked why I wondered and thought for a while. The reason, I could not come up with on my own so I asked JP to ask the driver. After the wonderful translation of JP the driver answered that the locals were stopping for the train. Us Americans asked the wonderful penetrating question of, why? The driver answered, in English, "the trains holes are open"....poop holes; haha. He was being very respectful of JP's car (he was a cool guy with a very cool story about Him). This is nothing like a side mirror knocked off the side of the car and being cased by other cars and trucks, yet still very fun and funny to get to tell you and other friends when I get back in the states.

This trip here is not only fun for us; He is also working in my life and changing me for the better. Not like He changes people for the bad; haha. Well anyways this week we a little rough for me spiritually and learned the tough way about how to take criticism., correction and people putting me in my place. Well to make a long story short; it was a long night of opinions, hard words to take in and lessons from Him. That night was very hard to understand and the next day we had D* and at first I did not want to go at all, yet I did after the conversation was over and I am so glad that I did. JP is very wise and I am very glad that I learned the lesson here with him instead of later in life when I have a lot more responsibility. I was still thinking and pondering the lesson the next day and now I am very very thankful for it. This has all come during the time when we are doing D* about Leadership and that next day was about leading women. Leading like Him and all of His characteristics that He had while He was leading people. It is fun and very challenging to practicing it with these two girls here, yet great practice and I am learning a lot from trying to implement it here and now (the more practice=the better).

This next week is going to be very great and these three weeks are going to fly by. In two days and every Tuesday after that we are going to have some of our friends that we have made over at my housing to possibly play an American game or an America movie, talk about it that displays a characteristic of Him and what He has done for us in the beginning, the problem that all men have and then the last Tuesday that we are here we will talk about the solution that He made for us. This will be an new experience for all of us, yet such a blessing and fun.

I can not wait to come to the state and have sooo many stories to tell family and friends about all of these experiences and fun stories that I had the opportunity to have while I am over here in India, hopefully not for the last time. Which is something/an idea that I can and will tell all of you later when I get there; He is awesome to work with and for.

Till the next time we get to talk. I love all of you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment